Monday, July 16, 2012

Music and Drama Camp Day One

Every year we do a Music and Drama camp at church.  I have taught the last 7 years.  There have been so many changes in our lives, I was reluctant to teach this year....I was conned by the sweet ladies of the church who said the kids would miss my daily change of hair color and crazy stories.

Ahhh... Poor things didn't realize I have even crazier stories now and to top it off I have a claw to bring in on the festivities.  (Check out the Where are Claws Page on Facebook for pictures.)

I have to say today was a great day.  Exhausting.  I forget how much energy it takes to teach 18 8 and 9 year old's but with the right helpers (which I have) it is really a great experience.  I only had a few children I actually had to say something  I never thought I would have to say.

Corbin, you may not bite, chew or lick Emily.

Now you think I would only have to say this to my child as it seems to be the theme of my life to tell my children to stop licking and biting things.  Nope.  As we are standing in the corner of the church my friend and I look over and notice one of the children rigorously licking the bottom of his shoe.  I almost yelled over the music "STOP!!!!!"  He didn't stop and proceeded to investigate the bottom of his shoe and lick again.  By the time I got to him it was all I could do to hold my laughter inside and tell him to "stop licking the bottom of your shoe!"  It appears that this licking thing is not just occurring in my house but in many other houses too.  Good to know I'm not the only one with licking issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment