Saturday, June 23, 2012

Shoe Shopping after a Day of Sugar=Bad Things

Our day started with the waking of my dear sweet Adam. 

Adam....Honey wake up....(nothing)
Adam..(rubbing his back, with my cold hands...hee hee, still nothing)
Adam...You want doughnuts?
YES!(then back to sleep.)
Adam...Doughnuts?
YES!(back to sleep again)
Adam, if you get up now we can go get doughnuts!
I'm up! (as he rolls himself over to find his brother and friend are video taping his waking to the promise of doughnuts.  Oh did that make him mad!)  He then rolled over on me and said silly mommy, get me doughnuts now please?

Off to Krispy Kream and our Granite Springs Church Youth Group Fundraiser.  Okay really it was a garage sale that was selling more doughnuts, coffee, hot dogs, and crap our lovely families from church didn't want anymore.  The boys had fun chasing down cars with doughnut boxes and Corbin actually stuck his face up to one window till they got out and bought doughnuts.  He's the salesman of the family.  (I really think they thought it was creepy and the best way to get the kid out of their window was to buy a doughnut.  Smart people.)  About two hours in we decided that the boys had had enough doughnuts and could go home knowing they sold their little hearts out.

Sugar is in their system.  Its running rampant.  Time for our next adventure, the SellState Realty First Carnival.  Let me just say that Joe and Marguerite know how to throw a party not just for the adults.  Adam did not want to leave their house, which is rare he always wants to go home.  There were water slides, bounce houses, dunk tank, swimming, BBQ, and sugar lots of sugar, cookies, snow cones, cotton candy, brownies and many other cupcake like treats.  Thank you so much for a great time....and all the sugar.....Half of which I did not actually watch them consume since it was so well hidden. 

You know when you go to a party and you expect your children to be exhausted because they have gone up and down huge water slides, been so cold that half their energy should have been sapped out from shivering, and have run around with the cutest dog ever.  Yeah, that doesn't work for my children who have no off switch and really just appear to get more and more energy as they spiral out of control.  What do I do?  I take them shopping.  In my defence, the xBox controller is junk and we needed a new one and I had promised to take them to GameStop.  That's what I did.  Then, Toys R Us.  The spiral continues.  But do I realize how bad it is getting?  Nope.  I get the bright idea to take them shoe shopping.

Nordstrom Rack will never be the same.  I'm surprised they didn't kick us out half way through, though I have to say it would have been over faster if I hadn't found a very nice pair of shoes that I needed for work....Really they are totally work related!  As we are waiting in line the nice lady in front of us says its fine that they are on the verge of knocking her on her bottom.  No worries honey, I have kids too.  Yeah...Not mine...As she turns around to see if they are calling her to a check out stand I watch in horror as my sweet doughnut boy leans over to take a little nibble out of the bottom of her jacket.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!  Of course I grab him before he is able to make purchase into her flesh or the rest of her clothing.  To my amazement she doesn't even notice she's been bitten by the vampire child.  But in the back of her jacket are little half crescent wet marks. 

Adam!  (note this is the second time this month I have told him he cannot bite the people who are in front of us in line.  The first time was at Sun Splash and he bit the backpack of the child who was standing in line in front of us.  Again no damage but little half moon marks.)  YOU CANNOT BITE PEOPLE IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!  EVER!!!  We don't bite!

The message to his father who was having one of those days was this:

Adam just bit the woman in line in front of us.  I think I win.  But you have my sympathies.  Want me to make up a catastrophe?

No......its ok.  You win.

It was kinda funny.

Note to self.......Do not take children shoe shopping after large amounts of sugar and high fructose corn syrup have been consumed.  Results may vary and include biting of fellow patrons.

No comments:

Post a Comment