Thursday, April 5, 2018

Month 3 of the search

In the throws of my busy season, tax season, I am looking at houses at every opportunity. I have become immune to pretty paint and floors. I can walk through a house in 35 seconds and say yes or no.

I have begun looking at houses by myself as we have approached the 150 marker of homes we have looked at and arguing with my mother about the houses and how they can be changed before we even like the floor plan is making me nuts.

We got so desperate to see one house we gave them proof that we could actually buy the house with a pre-approval and proof that we had the funds to actually buy the house. It was a wonderful house on 10 acres with a pond and a couple of out buildings. Exactly what we thought we wanted. 

What we thought we wanted until my oldest child, my mother, and myself started having watery eyes, running noses, and coughing. Apparently we are all allergic to the outdoors and would probably die of anaphylactic shock within two weeks of buying the place. 

I swear our realtor is a saint. She just said "okay I will change your portal to look for track homes instead of country properties, I'm going to go home and have a drink." I think I am going to make this poor woman into an alcoholic. 

In the mean time we had heard that our friends would be staying put and not losing their home. One less parameter to worry about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment