Thursday, April 5, 2018

Why I have not been blogging.......The Idea.....

The idea to eventually move my mom into our home has always played in the back of my mind.

Even though I know my mom has enjoyed living alone over the years as she gets older it seems less and less practical for her to do so.

I toyed with looking at different new homes, they have some really nice new ones with in-law suites attached with their own entrance and everything.

Earlier this last year I was discussing this idea with my grandmother who was debating moving to an assisted living facility. She is in her mid 90's, still driving her own car, and living alone since my grandfather passed a few years ago.

"Well we could start looking now and you could move in and mom could move in after you pass." (We are a morbid family.)

"If you find something we will think about it, but I think that sounds like a good idea."

I never in a million years expected her to say maybe let alone yes. She is so independent and determined that no one will ever take care of her. I was in shock, not that I didn't want her to move in with us I think it is a huge benefit to my children but I just really thought she would tell me to piss off that she really wanted to live in a facility.

I left her house that day in a daze. I called my mom and told her what had just happened.

My mothers response was "if your grandmother is moving in so am I. I am tired of living alone." WTF just happened?  I just went from a roughly 2800 sq foot house to a monstrosity in 1.2 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment