Monday, August 26, 2013

Okay....Wait a minute child you aren't supposed to like girls.....

Who would have thought that it wouldn't be the oldest child to start liking girls first.  Not me.  I thought for sure I would be fighting the girls off of him by now.  Nope.  He doesn't give them his phone number unless I know their parents and he isn't interested in dating at all.  (That may have something to do with a small threat by his mother to attend ever date he goes on until he can safely drive himself and his date places.  Oh and the claw will be in attendance as well.)

Tonight we went to our annual ice cream social, not back to school party.  Zach was playing in the water feature with his friends, Adam was playing with his friends, then I spot Corbin.

Corbin is playing with a little girl who looks to be about 2 or 3 years younger than he is.  Not only is he playing with her but they are having a full blown conversation. Then it happens.

They approach her mother and introduce him to her.  Then they come see me. Corbin with his arm around her while he introduces her.

Corbin:  Mom, this is my friend.

Little Girl: I'm Bella.  May I ask your name?

Me:  It's very nice to meet you! (Wow!  Now that's a polite child!)

Then she sticks her hand out to shake mine.

Then they run off holding hands...What in the world!

I don't know if this is cute and awesome that he has a friend or disturbing.  How is it the 9 year old has developed a crush before the 12 year old!  What in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment