Monday, July 22, 2013

The return of Music and Drama Camp.....I did it again?

Day one of music and drama camp.  Every year I say I'm not going to do it again and every year I change my mind.  I forget the exhaustion that hits at the end of the first day.  I don't think I was ever made for a 9 to 5 job.  I would need a nap at the end.  God bless all those teachers out there who get up every morning to deal with children who are not their own. 

Nothing exciting happened today.  I was reminded of a prior incident that I have yet to blog but was requested that I do.

One of the gentlemen that attends our church is from Ethiopia, he is black.  Corbin was about 5 need I say more.  Apparently so.

Corbin walked up to our friend and looked at his arm.  Then he picked his own arm up and looked at it, put his arm next to our friends.  Put his arm down and his hand on our friends and started rubbing.

C:  I think your kinda dirty.

F:  No I was born that way.

C:  You were born dirty? (Fortunately our friend has a sense of humor and laughed, and knows Corbin means nothing by the comment.)

F:  No that's just how my skin is.

C:  Hummm.. It looks like chocolate.  (And proceeded to try and lick him.)

God bless them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment