Friday, June 21, 2013

The reason my circut breaker blew up.

It is a blog kind of week.  Let us do the totals and then wonder if I will still be sane come Monday.

1. Two weeks ago Adam and I started coughing.  We are still coughing and now so are my mother, Zachary and Corbin. 

2.  Monday night Adam developed pink eye....I went to the all night pharmacy got home at 11:30 to a no longer screaming child but a sleeping child, there was a wasted trip.  On the bright side he was able to start medication in the morning.

3.  Left my mom with the kids so I could have a time out and get my breaks redone (apparently the company I bought the car from didn't really redo the roters they just warped the brand new break pads so that I would be able to drive it for 30 days before the warranty wore out and then they would return to shaking every time you pressed them) and the other two came down with Pink Eye and fevers.  Sorry Mom!

4.  Wednesday I was home thinking okay this isn't so bad.  The coughs aren't any better but they will get better (not!) and the eyes have been treated for 24 hours so off to theater.  When we got home Corbin promptly went in the bathroom to puke.  Well, my apologies everyone at theater who may or may not come down with that illness.  But really who knew we would get that lovely symptom too.  (I believe it was just from coughing too much or maybe it was the turkey sandwich that seemed like it wasn't very good.  I can only hope!)

5.  Thursday off to the doctor.  Zach and Adam woke up in the middle of the night crying with ears that were hurting.  Got to love Kaiser, two separate Dr's. at the same time.  So we had to again bring my poor mother and leave one child with my guy here at the house.  Sigh. (thank god for family and friends who would burry bodies with you if you asked.)  Two, slight ear issues but really neither Dr. thought it bad enough to do any thing about except Adam who had been sick for so long.  Antibiotics for him and mom convinced the other Dr. to give Zach some too.

         a.  Zachary did not take his pills.
         b.  Adam did.  Adam was covered in hives right after the second dose of medicine, the first one
              that morning was mostly on the floor and down his shirt.  (He didn't like that flavor!)

6.  Today is Friday......Woke up to a child who had hives develop even though I had given him benadryl just 6 hours earlier.  (had to get up every 4 to 6 hours during the night to give him medicine.)  I think I might be a little rummy today. 

Which is why I blew the circuit to our television side of the house by allowing 2 boys to use two vacuums at the same time so they wouldn't fight over sucking up the dirt around the house.  It is also why I had to yell at them to stop sucking each other up with the vacuum.  Totally my own fault. 

No comments:

Post a Comment