Tuesday, November 20, 2012

She's Old and Cranky

The other day we were working on language arts...yes I actually sometimes make my children do worksheets.  ;-)  Corbin was asked to write about something old....

Me: Corbin, what is something old?

C:  Grandmother Cacu. 

Me:  Maybe we should think of something else that is old.

C:  No, she says she is ancient and I think that's pretty much as old as you can get. (I can't control my laughter at this point so I told him to go ahead and write his sentence.)

 He wrote....Cacu is very old.

This morning I have extra children in my house (nothing new there) my mom had come over to take them to their classes since my back is still out and well.....I want to go see the new Twilight movie on $5.00 day so I don't have to pay 10.75 for the leather seats and a bad movie.  The conversation went like this:

Mom: Boys get your shoes on!

Boys:  Grumble Grumble, yeah we're working on it.

Me:  Stop messing with your grandmother....she's old and cranky this morning.

C:  Yeah she's old...

Mom:  Corbin, did you say I was old?

C:  No, CRANKY!

Z: You tell us all the time that you are old...What did you expect him to say?

C:  You're cranky and very old.

Mom:  You little brat!  Get in the car!

F:  Ms. Flamik....does having hot flashes everyday mean you are old? (I almost spit my coffee out.  I actually had to go to the sink before I choked on it.) I mean really that's what my mom says.

Me:  Get your shoes on and go to class!  All of you!

Really it is her own fault for telling the boys she's old....Hee Hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment