Friday, September 7, 2012

You did not just kick a man in Walmart?

I am usually a very tolerant person.  When my small child randomly kicks a passerby in a store, my tolerance is completely gone.  Today was one of those days.  I went to Walmart to pick up a bunch of different stuff from diapers for a baby shower to chlorine for my pool  Its the only place that carries everything or I would never go there, too much stimulation and distraction.  I also try not to talk on the phone there because I can't do both at the same time.  I just wonder aimlessly and feel dizzy.  Today I needed to find out what kind of diapers my friend like best so I was standing in the diaper isle making a quick call.  I turn around to find a man talking to my boys.  They were standing at the end of the isle waiting for me.  I was on the phone for two minutes. 

Zach....What was that about?

Zach:  Corbin just kicked that guy.

WHAT???????!?!?!?!??!

Zach:  Yeah, he just randomly kicked him!
What did he say to you?  (And why didn't he yell at me?  Or say something to me?  I was standing right there just picking up diapers!)

Zach:  He asked Corbin if he did it on purpose and Corbin did the Corbin thing where he looks everywhere and says no.  So I told him he had to say sorry, so he did and the man said I was a good boy.

Before I tell you the next thing, I have to say that man was so nice to accept Corbins appology and tell Zach he was a good boy. 

Now....I came unglued.  WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!

Corbin:  I don't know I clotheslined him.

(I bent down and grabbed his little face not hard)  Look at me!  What you did was not okay!  You cannot randomly trip people, clothesline people or kick people!  Ever!!!!!  (Now this woman who has no idea what has just occurred and only sees me put my hands on his cheeks starts to say to me, you really shouldn't,  I just put my hand up.  I didn't even respond but stood up and walked away.  Really, you have no idea what I am dealing with, I'm not hurting him or I wouldn't do it in a store and if he doesn't look at me I know he isn't getting what I'm saying!)

Corbin:  Okay mom, I'll stop kicking strangers.

OH!   You better not do that ever again.  You are in so much trouble!  You just lost your Iron Man Costume for the day.

Corbin:  You're Fired!  (Oh goodie!  I got fired.....Again.)

Okay, see you later.

Corbin:  No, I'm sorry!  I quit! (How do I not laugh at my child quitting being my child.)

And that was our afternoon.  I'm tired.....Oh and its not still early!  Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment