Thursday, February 14, 2013

5 Little words you never want to hear with Shampoo in your hair.

There are days I wonder why I don't plan my activities better.  I find that as soon as I get comfortable, the screw up fairy is always there to say "Ha! Gotcha!"

Today is one of my poor planning days.  I planned to got to kickboxing and actually exercise and then come home and take a shower while Adam was in therapy.  Ha! 

What ended up happening?  We ended up chit chatting our way through kickboxing.  Hard to work out when I'm alone and would rather talk business. When I got home, I cleaned the kitchen while Adam was in therapy and ended up not getting to take my shower.  Now the really poor planning on my part was this, I thought that I could take a shower even though I sent my oldest child off for the evening with one of his bff's. 

I'm in the shower and Adam comes in crying.

Whats the matter?

A:  You didn't put syrup on my waffle and cut it up before you got in the shower!

Sorry baby.  Just wait a minute and I'll be out.  I have to get the shampoo out of my hair.

He walks out head down tears streaming down his face.  A minute later he runs back in with a huge smile on his face.

A: Mommy!  Its okay you don't have to hurry now.

A little frightened by the change in attitude I cautiously say "Why is that?"

A:  Corbin cut it up for me. (5 little words you never want to hear while in the shower) He put syrup on them too! (Oh goodie, let me contain my excitement of the mess I will now have to clean.)
Oh boy.  Darn it!  I have shampoo in my hair and I'm thinking of how my kitchen is going to look and wondering if Corbin has any fingers left.  Adam didn't say there was blood so I was hopeful that they both still had all their fingers and I wasn't going to have a Froto case on my hands.

Miraculously, I walked into the kitchen after all was said and done and there wasn't even a plate on the table or one drop of syrup.  The plate wasn't even flooded with syrup.  My boys are growing up.....Then they started playing dinosaurs and had intermixed Phineas and Ferb with Dino Dan into their dialog....Who knew that dinosaurs would say yes, yes, I am too old to be alive.  Okay then.

No comments:

Post a Comment