Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mom, really, I'm good.

I have said it before, I will say it again.  I don't hide the world from my kido's.  Even though the mother in me would like to cover them and protect them from the world at large.  I cannot.  My answer to this dilemma is to educate them when they learn new colorful sentence enhancers and new concepts. 

This was a week for new concepts.  Oh the joys!  While discussing issues of terrorism, depression, and other fun items, I suggested to my sweet lovey boy that if he needed to talk to someone else he could.  I began to list people who, 1. I trust and 2. I trust to tell me if its really bad.  I was cut short on my listing of people with:

Mom, really?  I don't need to talk to anyone else.  You give me plenty of information and always tell me everything!  Even when I don't want to know anymore.  I know that being informed and educated on these issues is a way to help me understand them and when someone uses or discusses things incorrectly I can recognize that they are not informed. And mom, girls are still gross!

(YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so not ready for girls!) Oh and yeah, he's a smart one!

No comments:

Post a Comment