Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fun family facts I learn driving with my grandmother. Evil is in our genetics.

Driving home from the bank the other day with my grandmother.

G: Go exactly 35 on this road please.

Me: Okay.....

G: Did I ever tell you that I learned how to drive in San Francisco?

Me: No.

G: Yes, I used to go up to the city to practice my driving because the speed limit was 25 miles per hour. So I could drive 25 and not get in trouble. It ticked a lot of taxi cab drivers off, but I enjoyed that.

Me: You're funny. (I have wondered a time or two where I get my humor from. I wonder no longer.)

G: So here on this road it is 35 miles an hour and they can't do anything about me doing the speed limit. It tickles me to upset so many people just because I am following the laws.

Later in the week we went to San Francisco to take my grandmother to see the premier of "Class Dismissed". (My aunt is in the documentary.) I'll be darned it the speed limit isn't still 25.

G: Don't drive too fast now. Diego did Ari tell you how I learned to drive?

D: No.

So she told him we all got a good giggle.

This morning I am relaying the whole story to my sister in law.

Me: So T, I finally figured out where the evil in our family comes from.

T: Where? Pop?

Me: No! G! She is so bad and evil it must be in our genetics!

Adam: Mom.....you're evil!

Me: Again I say it's genetics! Apparently it has already been passed down.

Adam: Sorry mom, you aren't evil. I love you.

Hummmmm.

Diego overhearing this story looks over at me and says "he's sorry but he does think you're evil."

IT'S GENETICS!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment