Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bizarre Behavior

“No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal.” 
― Bill Cosby

I found this quote today and I would have to agree with Mr. Cosby parenting has made me do some strange things.

Today I have already told Zach to stop playing in the rusty water from the water heater blow out. (I'm pretty sure those new neighbors who haven't met us yet but keep hearing all the insanity over here will never introduce themselves and they tend to run inside their home every time our garage door opens.) I also got him to say that I was annoying him to no end.  My response? "YES!  I have done my job for the day!"

Z: So can you stop now?

Me: Bwa ha ha! No!

Z:  Sigh.

In other events of the day. I just used a paper holder to tell Corbin to finish cleaning the car out after he destroyed it having a monumental temper tantrum for my mother. My mom, instead of making him suffer till he got home as Zach suggested she do, she gave him another happy meal and chocolate. That is the gift of being a grandparent. As his mother I know at 9 he needs a consequence, I make him clean the car out..... My children should worry about becoming parents especially Corbin.  I'm going to spoil any kids they have, you might want to feel a little sorry for his wife.

Yeah...Life is strange and no we aren't normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment