Monday, May 4, 2020

Teaching PreAlgebra using Social Distancing....Some Days I Scare Myself

My little guy came into my office this morning for help with math.

Today I was listening to the most recent laws to help employees with the COVID-19 virus. He waited for my conference to end and then fell apart.

"Mom, I just don't get this!" (Tears! Lots of tears come after that.)

What don't you get my love?

"THIS" 30X=.08

"I don't get it at all!!!"

Okay kido lets look at this. So what they want to do since X is too close to 30 people is socially distance those 30 people from X. What do we have to do to get someone who is multiplying an illness?

"We remove them."

"So how do you remove 30 people when they are too close to the illness?"

"We divide them out."

"And then what?"

"Then you get .02 and 2/3 and less people getting sick."

Exactly

No comments:

Post a Comment